Tuesday 18 August 2009

Month 30 - Amos


I'm a little late in posting this, partly because I had been toying with the idea of cancelling this session in the midst of a crazy month. But it is very much on.

Amos is one of the most renown and accessible of the minor prophets, and his cry to "let justice flow like a river" is one of the most well known and popular in all scripture.

We'll be kicking off at 7:30pm on Monday 24th August 2009 at 41 Linden Road.

Resources-wise there no films but I'm working through a couple of commentaries. Peter C. Craigie's has certainly whet my apetite for the book and in addition to James Limburg's one I've also got a dedicated one from the Torch series that I use so often. Not sure whether I'll read all of those before Monday, but we'll see where we go.

No comments: