Monday 6 December 2010

Month 43 - John

Having worked through the Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke) over the last three months we now move on to John on the 13th and 14th December (it's early this month so it doesn't clash with Christmas).

I've got quite a lot of resources for this one. In addition to William Barclay's commentary, I've also got ones by Drane, Tasker, Webster, Marsh, Richardson and Sloyan. Sloyan's is the most up to date, and from a series that has been useful before. Not that I'm going to read all of these, but it's good to have plenty to dip into for those "eh?" passages.

John's gospel has also quite a heavy influence in film. The main one is 2003's Gospel of John which I'm currently reflecting on in my other blog. But as John is so different from the other 3 it has a disproportionately large influence on the films and so there are plenty of good clips that I can chose from.

All this is kicking off at 7:30pm at 41 Linden Road.

No comments: